If there's a recurring event that you used CT Live for in the past, you can easily clone the event, saving the trouble of setting it up from scratch.
Please note that by cloning an event you copy:
- Races (including course configurations and brackets)
- Registration Choices
- Standard Products (excluding Unisex Sizes)
- Custom questions
Please note, as of November, 2021, you are no longer able to clone Donations for an event.
If you will NOT be using the same Course (ie Race choices) or Bracket setup as the event you're cloning from for your new event, it may make more sense to create a New Event. If you clone an event, you'll still need to set up the features not listed above.
If you've already cloned an event 3 times, we STRONGLY recommend you create the event from scratch. You can check how many times an event has been cloned under Event Properties under Scoring.
To Clone an Event
- Click the Clone Event button in the lower left corner of the Event > Dashboard tab.
- In the window that appears, enter the new Official Name, Informal Name, Start Time, End Time, and location information for the event. When you're done entering information, click Continue.
- On the next page, you can map the event you're cloning to an existing Athlinks event. Since you're cloning the event, you'll very likely see the existing Athlinks Master Event linked to the previous year. If the event you're cloning from wasn't linked to Athlinks, you can select the "Create New" checkbox. When you've made your selection, click Continue.
- On the final step, select each Race you'd like to clone into the new event. you will also see the options to "Clone Bracket Rules" and 'Clone Wave Rules". Click Complete & Save to create the new event.
After a few seconds, you'll be directed to the Event Properties page for your new event.
IMPORTANT! Once your event is cloned, go to Event Properties > Links and ensure that you change the event website so that Athletes will be directed to the current year's/event's page.