Once you have created an event and added a race, you can edit the Event Properties at any time using the Event Properties button on the Event Dashboard subtab.
You can edit all of the information you entered in the Event Creation window, as well as a few additional options.
The Event Properties are broken up into 8 Categories:
- Names – change the formal and informal event names and the description.
- Location – change the location of the event. From this tab, you can choose not to show the location of the Event on an Athlete's profile. To hide this information, un-check the Athlete Profile box.
- Dates – change the date and time of the event. From this tab, you can choose not to show the date of the Event on an Athlete's profile. To hide this information, un-check the Athlete Profile box.
- Organizer – update organizer information.
- Resources – change the Event Site URL, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and 3rd Party Reg links.
- Timer – change Timer information.
- Scoring – change timing protocol and set advanced scoring options.
- One very important feature under the Scoring section is the Tag Disambiguation Policy. This feature is useful when the same bib number is used in multiple races within the same event. Disambiguation can be set to differentiate By Mat (physical location of relevant Timing Devices) or By Time (for races that begin at different times)
- Photos – Enable or disable photo service, set pricing options, and enter photo service information. Photo Service Types include Free, Redirect (3rd Party) and Redirect-Previews. . Redirect will allow you to use an external photo service. Free will allow athletes to download any and all Photos without payment. Please note: while Paywall is still an option for selection, we no longer integrate with that platform
- Other – Set Message Lock, enable or disable CT Live services, Expected Entrants, Last Year’s Event, Currency Type, enable or disable Emergency Question, and Test Event status.
There are also several options presented on the Other page that are not offered during Event Creation:
- Message Lock – you can check this box to immediately disable Athlete Update messages from being sent during this event.
- Is Published – check this box to make the event visible to athletes on the ChronoTrack website.
- USAT Membership
- Expected Entries
- Maximum Entrants – this allows you to put a limit on the number of entrants allows in the Event. (This is different from the Max Entrants feature of Races)
- External ID – apply an external ID number or phrase to your event for referencing in third-party software.
- Last Year's Event
- Custom "Registration Closed" Header - should participants make it to your registration link and you are not offering registration at that particular moment
- Is Test Event – Check this box if you intend the event for testing purposes only and not for athlete use.
- Membership Event
- Hide Event
We encourage Timers to use test events to acclimate themselves to the CT Live platform. When creating a ‘pretend’ test event, please signify that it is a Test Event. Just click the check box next to Is Test Event and then save your changes.
When you are finished with making any changes to Event Properties, click Save & Next (or Save & Close if you are on the Other tab.) This will take you to the next option heading in the Event Properties window. If you do not wish to edit any further properties, you may click the X to close the Event Properties window after saving changes.