If you're providing video of Athletes for your event, you can upload a Pre-Roll Advertisement video that will play before each athlete's video. This is useful for branding and marketing for the event.
Please note that you can only upload one Pre-Roll advertisement video to your Event. Pre-Roll Advertisement videos do not need to be uploaded via the Athlinks Media Uploader, but are uploaded directly from the Media tab.
Before you upload your pre-roll advertisement, please ensure your video meets the following recommendations:
- All video uploads must be .MP4 format. If you have to re-encode the video from another format, we recommend Handbrake. For best results, select the "h.264" Video Codec option when encoding.
- Recommend Size: 1280x720 (720p, 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Video Size should be less than 20MB
- Video should be 30 seconds or less
Upload a Pre-Roll Advertisement
- From the Video sub-tab of the Media tab, click the Upload button under the Pre-roll heading
- In the window that appears, click Select File and locate the video on your hard drive. Remember that videos must be in MP4 format.
- As the video uploads, you'll see a spinning wheel in the Upload window. Depending on the size of the video, it may take a while to finish.
- When the video is done uploading, a bar will appear along the top of the window that says “File Added Successfully”. Click Close & Refresh. Your video should now appear.
You can now view the Pre-Roll video by clicking the thumbnail image. This will open the Video Viewer. Click the Play button to view the video. You can click Close to close the window, or click the X at the top right of the Video Viewer window.
Once the Pre-roll is uploaded, you will have the option to Publish the video to make it appear with the athlete videos played in Online Results, you can Remove the video, or you can Upload a new video, which will overwrite the original video. You can also click the Video Link which will open the video in a new tab in your browser.