This guide will show you how to use the On-Site form in CT Live to dynamically assign bib numbers to Athletes and Teams. This means that you do not have to predetermine which athletes get which bibs or do any sort of bib sorting. This can greatly reduce logistical and financial weight by eliminating bib pickup booths and reducing the number of volunteers or employees needed.
If you would like to pre-assign bibs to athletes within CT Live, please consult with your Timer before doing so.
Dynamic bib assignment can be accomplished simply with stacks of bibs with the tags already applied. As athletes enter packet pickup, they can approach the bib assignment table, type in their name, confirm their information, and receive a bib from a volunteer or employee. Then they can type in the bib number or scan the bib's bar code (if applicable) to enter the number into the On-Site form to make the assignment in CT Live.
Since the Packet Pickup (PPU) screen is part of the On-Site Registration screen, make sure to Enable and Configure On-Site Options and select "Packet Pick-up".
Doing Dynamic Assignment
- Click On-Site Registration on the main Event Tab. This will bring up the On-Site Registration landing page.
- Click the I’m Registered button.
- Enter the name of the Athlete to be checked in and press Enter.
- If there is more than one result for that name, a list will be displayed from which you may select the correct entry.
- Verify that the Athlete’s information is correct, then enter a Bib number. Generally there should be a stack of un-assigned bibs nearby, and volunteers or race staff will assign bibs from the top of the stack as Athletes come up. If you do not need to enter a bib number, such as for a Relay team member, enter Y into the bib field.
- Click Assign.
- The screen will display a confirmation box. Click Finish to return to the On-Site Registration landing page.