Custom questions are the go-to feature of registration forms when asking any question not included in the default registration process, including product questions that add a cost to the registration process for things such as meal tickets, merchandise, and more.
Custom questions must begin with a Question Slide. A Slide is a page on the registration form. You can add multiple questions within a Slide, though if there are too many questions in a single slide, it may confuse the athletes who are registering. The best rule of thumb is to group similar questions together in their own slides.
Creating a New Slide
Click + New Question Slide or + Create one now! to create your first question Slide. Additional question Slides can be added if needed.
- The Slide Name is the name that will appear along the top of the Slide in the Registration Form.
- The Heading appears across the top of the registration page created for that custom Slide.
- The Description box will display text at the very bottom of the custom question page below all questions that you add to that Slide (you can also add descriptions for each individual question which will appear directly below the question). This field is limited to 1000 characters.
- Reg Choices allows you to select which registration choices this question Slide will be present for (eg. You only want marathon runners to get a sweatshirt, so only apply this Slide to marathon reg choices).
- Gender lets you select which registrants will see this question Slide, based on their gender.
- Min Age and Max Age let you select an age range of Athletes that is permitted to see this question Slide. If you don’t want age limitations, you can leave this blank (they will auto-set to 0 and 120).
- Registration Form allows you to decide if you want people using Online, On-site or both registration types to show this question Slide.
- Hide Slide will hide this group from the registrants as well as from the administrative reports (this is typically never used)
When you are done making changes, click Complete & Save.
You can edit a Slide at any time by selecting it and then clicking the Edit Question Slide... button.