Event Directors now have access to issue refunds!
In order to issue refunds, your account must first have Event Director access to the event. If you do not have Event Director access, please contact Registration Support at email@example.com
- Navigate to the Athlete search in CTLive 2.0 (not available in 1.0)
- Search for the athlete you wish to refund
- Once you select the correct athlete, click on the Account tab from the drop down menu on the left side of the screen (if no menu is shown, select the ≡ button first)
- Click on the blue Refund button just above the transaction details and follow the steps below
Step 1 : Type
Select Refund (if not already selected) and click Continue
Step 2 : Refund
This page will list the items purchased on the transaction, the amount that was paid for each, and the amount available to refund for each item and entry on the transaction.
- Enter the reason for the refund (this is for your reference and is not visible to the athlete)
- Enter the amount to be refunded for a specific item. You can not refund more than what was originally paid or is Available for Refund.
- Reg Choice Amount Paid is already inclusive of coupons and product discounts
- If sales tax was charged on the item, this will auto-calculate based on the amount being refunded
- CT Service Fees are not refundable
Step 3: Summary
- Confirms amount being refunded and the last four digits of the card that is being refunded to.
- Please note we can only refund to the card that was used to pay for this transaction. If the card is no longer valid, you will need to issue a refund outside of CTLive.
- Entry Status: Shows what the status currently is set to, and you have ability to change it here if you need to.
- Please note that changing to Deferred only changes the status, and does not automatically create a deferral code. You will need to create that separately. Learn more about Race Changes/Deferrals HERE
- Issue Refund will submit the refund for processing
Step 4: Confirmation
Upon clicking Issue Refund, the system will look at the event's Net Due balance for the current week
- If there are enough Net Due funds in the current week to cover the refund total, you will receive the confirmation message:
- If the refund total is more than what is available in the current week's Net Due, you will receive an error message to contact Registration Support. You will not be able to issue a refund unless there are enough funds available to cover the refund total.
Track your Refunds and Net Due balances in the financial reports. Learn More HERE
Q: Why is the the refund button inactive?
A: Access to refunds is disabled for 60 seconds after each refund to allow time for refunds to process. The button should become active again automatically after the allotted time. Also, the Refund action is disabled for entries that have a "Pay Type" of External, Cash, or Manual.
Q: How long will it take for the athlete to see the refund in their bank account?
A: Generally refunds take 1-3 business days to process and arrive back to the athlete's bank account or credit card.
Q: If I refund a Storefront product, is it removed from my Store Report?
A: If the charge for a Store product is refunded, the product will still need to be removed manually from the Registration Info section of the athlete's entry. If the product is not removed there, it will still show up on the Store report as a purchase.
Q: Are batch refunds available?
A: Yes, if you require a large number athletes to be refunded, in the case of a cancelled event for example, we can issue batch refunds. Batch refunds can only be issued by a CT staff member, please contact Registration Support to request a batch refund.