Extended Registration is a feature that allows you to generate a number of coupon codes which you can then distribute to athletes. These codes will allow the athletes to register for Races whose Max Entrants limit has been reached. If you specified Max Entrants both on the Race level and the Reg Choice level, Extended Registration will go into effect when the lower of the two has been reached.
This guide will show you how to enable and use Extended Registration.
Please note that this feature is only available for Online Registration.
Before we get started, here are a couple of scenarios in which this feature may be useful:
- Wait List: The Wait List strategy is used when an event is completely sold out. To track interest, you can open a "Wait List" reg choice at $0 to continue to collect prospective entries. If you are able to add additional entries later, you can then issue codes to the wait listed athletes to bypass the sold out reg choice.
- Special Access for specific athletes: Extended Registration can be used as a 'password/code protected' reg choice for pro athletes, VIPs, Sponsors, and qualification categories. For example, let's say the top 5 athletes at each of several events qualify to compete in your Championship Event. You can now issue codes to those top athletes so they can register for the Championship event.
In this scenario, you'll want to set the Max Entrants for the reg choice to 1, then add a "dummy" entry so the reg choice is filled up. This ensures that every athlete must enter a code.
Enable Extended Registration
To enable Extended Registration:
- Go to the Registration > Choices tab in your CT Live event.
- Click Edit next to the Reg Choice for which you would like to enable Extended Reg. (You can also select Extended Reg when creating a new Reg Choice)
- Locate the Enable Extended Registration check box and check it, then click Save & Close. If you had not already specified a number of Max Entrants, do so now. A number of Max Entrants MUST be supplied in order for Extended Registration codes to work.
- After the page refreshes, you should now see the Manage Extended Registration Codes button beneath the Reg Choice.
Generate and Distribute Codes
- Click the Manage Extended Registration Codes button.
- In the window that appears, enter the number of codes you would like to generate and click Create Codes. More codes can be added later, so you don't have to have a solid number of how many codes you'll need right away.
- Once the codes have been generated, you will see them displayed as shown below.
You can now view each code, whether or not it is Used or Unused, and whether or not it is expired. You can expire codes individually, or all codes at once. You can also use the Export Codes button to download all the codes into a .CSV file for distribution. We currently have plans to integrate the Extended Registration feature with our E-mail Blast feature so that codes can be distributed more easily directly through CT Live.
Please note that ALL codes will automatically expire when the Reg Choice Close Time has been reached. Before you distribute Codes, make sure that your Reg Choice close time allows plenty of time for code recipients to register.
If you ever need to add more codes, simply enter the number of additional codes into the field at the top of this frame, and click Create Codes. The new codes will appear at the bottom of the list of existing ones.
Once the Max Entrants limit for a Reg Choice or Race has been reached, if codes have been generated, the Reg Choice will display as shown here:
Clicking the Reg Choice will display a text box prompting the athlete to enter their Code. If the athlete uses a correct code, they will be allowed to proceed through the registration form as normal. Once a code has been entered, it will be marked as "Used" in the Manage window.