This brief guide will show you how to add an existing coupon code to the registration URL so that any athlete who clicks on it will be directed to your event's registration with the coupon code automatically added at the beginning of registration. This will only work for a URL leading to a single, specific Reg Choice. The coupon code to be applied must be active and associated with the Reg Choice.
Create the Code and URL
- Create a Single type coupon code with enough Uses Per Code to cover the expected number of athlete registrations. If you're not sure how to create a Coupon Code, click HERE.
- Enable the Coupon Slide and make sure it is applied to the correct Reg Choice. Make sure to click Save after changing the Coupon Settings and then release the latest Registration Form version.
- Now, you'll need to get the Reg Option ID for the registration choice or choices you'll be using with the coupon code. If you know how to use the ChronoTrack Live API, you can use THIS call to pull the Reg Option ID number for the Reg Choices in your event.
If you don't know how to use the CT Live API, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them to locate the Reg Option ID for you.
- Once you have the Reg Option ID, use the following URL and insert the Event ID (blue), Reg Option ID (red) and Coupon Code ID (green) into the appropriate places.
- After you've plugged in your event's information, test the URL to ensure that it's working. If so, you can publish the URL.